I’m writing with exciting news: My studio is tentatively scheduled to open on Wednesday, September 16th.
I say tentatively because, well… it’s 2020 and who freakin knows anything for certain?
I will make myself available as often as I have access to my studio space.
You can request appointments online, or reach out to me directly to check availability.
California has allowed for massage to resume for those with a medical recommendation. This can be from your primary care doctor, a chiropractor, or physical therapist. Please email me a copy before scheduling your appointment.
Please, read through this entire post to ensure you and I are on the same page. Everything here is important for you to read and understand. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email, text, or call me: (415) 652-7173
How it works:
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: my commitment to your safety and health. By its very nature, massage and bodywork requires skin-to-skin contact and you should be familiar with the fact that infection control has always been a top priority for my practice. As we navigate life with additional requirements and modify existing measures due to the coronavirus, please help me to support all of my clients by cooperating with some new requirements.
I will be following Practice Guidelines recommended by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
I will be taking appointments at my studio in the Flood Building; all day Wednesday, and limited availability all week. I am NOT currently able to come to your home. While COVID-19 is present in our Bay Area community, mobile massage/outcall massage is seen as unsafe and therefore prohibited. As I am unable to control the cleanliness or disinfection practices at each client’s home, I would be exposing myself, as well as other clients, to increased risk of infection. Again, thank you for your patience with any scheduling difficulties.
You will see some procedural changes at your next appointment. I made these changes to help protect my clients and myself, as well as to adhere to health guidelines. For example:
- I will be spacing appointment times with a 45-minute period to allow the room to be fully and properly cleaned/sanitized and set up for the next client.
- Your confirmation email will have a link to the Health Intake Form (COVID-Questions); this must be completed before your appointment.
I implore you to exercise caution over comfort when deciding whether or not to get a massage. I consider the risk of infection very seriously, as my partner is at higher risk. If you think you may have been exposed, please reschedule. A 90-minute massage is not worth COVID.
- When you arrive to your appointment, I will ask you if you have developed any symptoms of illness since we last communicated. If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment. Massage is not advised if you have any symptoms of illness.
- Please bring a face mask to use while you are in the building, and during your massage. You and I must both be wearing a mask throughout the entire session.
- I will ask you to sign an informed consent form that states, “I understand that close contact with people increases the risk of infection from COVID-19. By signing this form, I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive massage from Michael Fink.”
- There will be a bottle of sanitizer that I will ask you to use when you enter the studio space to ensure hand hygiene.
I look forward to seeing you again and am happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps I take to keep you, and every client, safe in my practice.
To make an appointment, please;
Submit a request online, through my website,
Or, call/text me at: (415) 652-7173
I look forward to welcoming you back to a safe, therapeutic touch environment.
Hopeful, grateful, and with love,