What can I reasonably expect from one session? Multiple sessions?
- Just one session can bring the relief that you have been longing for. It is important to remember that the knots and tension patterns have developed over time with daily activity and stress. These areas will need time to be worked out over multiple sessions. Also important is consideration of self-care in between our sessions, to increase the long-term relief. Clients often experience long-term and dramatic increases in relaxation, comfort, range of motion, and body awareness through regular treatment.
- With our first session, we will begin to learn what works for you.
- There are many things to consider on an individual basis. Each body is different, and each of us responds differently to various techniques. We will work together to learn what techniques are best suited for you. Together, with clear communication, we will work to achieve your personal set of goals, address any concerns that arise, and build a kind of partnership in healing.
How can I best prepare for my massage?
- Shower before your appointment. Showering before your massage helps your body and mind begin to relax, allows for more consistent glide when working, and above all else is hygienic!
- Don’t eat for about an hour before your session. Giving your body proper time to digest before your session will help ensure that you can fully relax and receive the bodywork.
- If you feel more comfortable wearing underwear during your massage, choose garments that will allow access to areas you want worked on.
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions – I’m more than happy to answer any questions or address any concerns that may arise before, during, or after your massage.
What if I am running late?
- Aim to arrive a bit early, 15-20 minutes, to allow us to begin on time.
- If you find that you will not make it by our appointment time, call or text to give me a heads up.
- Don’t stress. Better to show up late and calm rather than frazzled and rushed. We’ll make the best of the time we have.
- Regular price applies.
What’s your policy on confidentiality?
- Your session is completely confidential. Anything discussed during our session, as well as any work done, is kept confidential.
- Sometimes I talk with fellow therapists about things I come across in my work. Names are kept anonymous.